Benefits of Restumping and Raising Which Every Homeowner Should Know
Homeowners who live in dangerous flood zone areas generally choose house raising as a precautionary measure to protect their property and themselves. In fact, the house owners living in the flood zone areas will only have 2 options i.e. selling their house and moving to a new location or lift their houses. Selling your house can be really painful. Moreover, selling and moving to a new location costs you more when compared to the house raising. This is the reason why most of the homeowners consider the 2nd option to lead a happy and peaceful life while saving their money and time.
Restumping generally involves replacing the existing wooden or concrete stumps with new stumps. Remember that, the concrete stumps last for a longer time when compared to the wooden stumps. This is the reason why most of the homeowners are choosing concrete stumps in the present days. According to the experts if the stumps are visibly decaying then replace all together at once. A building inspector or a contractor will be able to help you with the right suggestions regarding restumping.
What are the benefits of house raising and restumping?
Check the following benefits of house lifting to know how useful it is.
- House raising helps the house owners to prevent property loss.
- House raising saves your life from dangerous floods.
- You can enjoy a cooler temperature inside your home with the help of house raising.
- Restumping reduces the risk of termites’ infestation.
- House raising makes your home more functional and livable.
- House raising makes your home environment healthy.
- House raising is also a good option for the house owners as it adds more space.
- House raising enhances your property value in the market.
How much it will cost for house raising?
The estimated cost of house lifting generally ranges in between $85,000 to $150,000. In fact, the house raising cost totally depends on your home size. It may cost you more if you have a very large home. This is because the heavier your house the more manpower and equipment is required for lifting.
There are many professional house lifters available in the present days to assist the homeowners. Check their reviews online and hire the best from them for house raising. As most of the construction companies have their websites online, visit their website and chat with the professionals to know in detail about the services they provide.